I have interesting children.
Psalms 145:2 "Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever."
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Easter Festivities
We celebrate "commercial/bunny" Easter on Saturday. We started off by heading to Trader Joe's at 8AM for a small hunt. But they ran out of eggs so we got large boxes of Jelly Belly's instead. Maria loved the Easter Bunny and gave him multiple hugs. I think she would have followed him the entire time but I found his grass skirt semi-creepy.
We headed to Milpitas for lunch and an egg hunt. We must have had at least 200 eggs. It was fun! I stuffed the eggs with an animal cracker or gummy... and Yaya refilled them with 4 or 5 per egg. The girls ran around excited and screaming. They had a blast.
On Sunday we took it easy and tried to keep the Sabbath holy. We watched a short Easter video, went to church and returned to Papa and Yaya's for leftovers. My dad = master chef. The girls played in the sandbox and Maria came in saying "We're whacking Jesus." I went outside to ask Christina what she was talking about. She said they were playing Resurrection. She had different mounds of sand. One was the place where Jesus was hit by the bad people. Then another was were they crucified Him and last the empty tomb. They had a doll who they were pretending was Jesus.
You can get a sense of how awesome my hubby's hair is. I love making chemical jokes, it makes me happy. So it's a win-win situation. I also enjoy watching him "fluff" his hair which is basically head banging to imaginary Metallica songs. And honestly I can only think of one Metallica song I know... the one with "we're off to never never land". Enter sandman?
2 days ago was the 1 year anniversary of Nono's death. I think of all the things you can learn and enjoy in life, but nothing can compare to this one fact - that Jesus Christ was resurrected and through Him we will be also. The fear of death is swallowed up in that one truth and the peace I feel each day I am undeserving of. Easter is indeed a wonderful time of year, but I pray that in our home we can remember Christ, His life, His sacrifice, His resurrection everyday and do the things He would have us do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha. so funny what kids come up with in their imaginary play.
Post a Comment