Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Big Howdy To the New Year....

What a way to welcome in the new year! Thousands of dead black birds and a 10 year old killing his mother. Ah.... 2011, you're showing promise.

I have no problem or even a hard time finding happiness in day to day life. Yes, things like the above are horrific and just beyond sadness. So how come I'm able to have joy in a world filled with so much of the opposite? Simple. I Heart Jesus. My faith is strong in my Redeemer and I know He'll make everything right.

New year, new goals..... Teach my children more! We read scriptures every night, but now I'm trying to get
morning in there too. Christina started reading the Book of Mormon in November, so who knows... maybe she'll finish this year? Maybe try to loose 10 pounds. (??) Zumba Jake can definitely help with that one!

The girls have been sick with a nasty cold for the past week. But they are troopers and hopefully we're at the last end of it. 2011.... you are showing promise!! Because I have so many blessings, I am just grateful to be alive each day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

yes, the minute i heard about the dead birds and other dead animals, right at the start of the year, i thought, 'bad omen'.