This is Joe's friend Mike. He has an amazing story, but I don't know it. All I know is that his life was hard and then he found Jesus through a church that raps about it and now life is good.
It was Joe and I's 9th anniversary and because he had to work, we decided to come down and enjoy the festivities for Cinco de Mayo. The only problem was it was the day before finals and there weren't that many students there.
Unfortunately, this picture is us smelling something illegal. There was a group of a couple gang members, but they left.
We were there for quite awhile. Mike's church was putting on a show and it was fascinating. There was lots of rapping about Jesus and being saved. There was even a skit about being saved. There was dancing and praising and an overall very happy and loving feeling. Many people got up to bear testimony of how their lives had turned from drugs and partying to a lasting happiness found in the Savior. It was all really rather touching.
No comments:
Post a Comment