Friday, March 2, 2012

Celebrating Dr.Seuss....

I find that Elijah is a bit of a party animal and loves to be part of the action. With that said, sometimes it's hard to get things done, so instead of having a party... we did smaller activities each day to celebrate. I must say, I found my new favorite Dr.Seuss book for 25 cents- Did I ever tell you how lucky you are?? at the bargain bin the day before his birthday. I love everything about the book!
One Fish, Two Fish... Red Fish, Blue Fish!!



Oobleck!! The girls have been begging me to do this everyday since we did it! I need to go get more cornstarch!!


Cat in the hat, chocolate covered marshmallows.

Truffula trees!!! The girls did the tissue paper and everything!
Well, almost everything. I did cut the ends because it was pretty thick.

So fun to hear them both read Dr.Seuss!!!

The girls made a lovely cake!!

Dinner: Green eggs and ham!
And we ended the evening of his birthday with some rhyming games and a Dr.Seuss video.
Fun times with fun literature!!

2 comments:

Natalie N said...

I don't think I can say it enough, but I'll tell you again: you inspire me to be a better mother. I just put in a request to check out that "Did I ever tell you how lucky you are" book from our library. I've never seen it before--thanks for the recommendation. I loved seeing what you did with your girls to make the Dr. Seuss day fun. Keep up the awesome work!! :)

Andrew and Marie Benson said...

How do you come up with all this? Seriously, I feel sorry for any moms and children that don't get to know you and learn from you. I'm pretty much planning on homeschooling O next year-- can I pay you a consulting fee for your activity ideas?

Also, your babies are all adorable.