Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Our Earth Day Festivities at Home

 
Our little guys have sprouted! It was very exciting just in time for earth day!

 
We made some apple bird feeders and recyclable bird feeders. Our backyard is quite the hot spot now!!! We love watching the birds. Christina has a lot of updating for her Who lives in our Backyard chart!


 
I looooooooooved the girls reader theater of The Kapok Tree!!! We have 2, 10 minute videos that are utterly fabulous!!



 
The girls started their paper mache giraffe.
 
 
 
We did Kapok Tree art, recycled earth art, paper mache globes, lots of singing and KWL chart. We did earth shape poems and read lots of earth day books. We also did a nature scavenger hunt where we looked for the 5 senses in nature. We picked up trash, 6 pounds along the way.
And of course, we went to a park to have plenty of outdoor time.

 
Eli loves to do work with sissies at the table.

 
He also enjoys pretending he's Michael Jackson and shouting/screaming "Weeeeeeeeeeeeenie!!!!!'.
He's not a pervert, but it's just really funny. Then he sees us laugh and loves the reaction. 
We need to be better about not laughing.
 
 
Lastly we did origami seed pots of recycled paper and earth day cupcakes for our neighbors and friends.


 
I am constantly amazed by the beauty that surrounds us. I'm dumbfounded as to how people can believe this earth was just an explosion and created from goo. I know that our loving Heavenly Father created this beautiful home for us to have joy, to learn and to grow. To be tested. It's such a blessing to know why I'm here on this earth and what is expected of me. I'm grateful to Christ who made eternal life possible through His sacrifice. Indeed He organized this earth and lived on this earth and set the perfect example for us.
 
 
A few more updates to add to our earth day collection:
 
The earth in our hand, colored pencil art.


 
Summer- the giraffe. Although her name changes, I find, hourly. She prays and eats with us, however I have not let her ride in the Barbie jeep for fear of her life... seeing as there are no seat belts.

 

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sofs, you had an amazing earth day. And the fact that you document everything so well is such a blessing to your children. I wish you lived right next door...oh, how I wish that.

Eli's Michael impersonation is hysterical!