I believe in God for many reasons, but one is because my prayers are answered. Sometimes they aren't answered the way I would like, but I know that God's ways are better than my own.
There are huge miracles that take place in my life, but it's hard to describe them because they are little things that just mean so much to me.
Today, Maria had another panic attack. She is struggling with anxiety and how to control her feelings of worry and sadness. It's heartbreaking as a mother to watch. I know exactly how she feels. About a year ago, I was struggling with panic attacks too.
Fortunately there are many tools out there to help manage it. Tonight we sat down together and read a book about how what we do, think, and feel are connected. It had great ideas on how to help her calm down. We came up with a plan together on what she needs to do when she starts to feel over excited and anxious. She went to bed feeling good.
But I do need to mention what happened at scripture study. With tears in her eyes she lied down on my bed clutching her stomach. Silently trying to calm her breathing. I felt like I should look in the back of the Book of Mormon in the topical guide under the word "fears" but decided just to open up and read 10 verses so I could just get her to bed and rested.
I opened up to D&C 98. And this is what we read. This is how I know Heavenly Father knows us individually. This is how I know He wants to communicate and help us.
"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks
Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.
And I give unto you a commandment, that ye shall forsake all evil and cleave unto all good, that ye shall live by every word which proceedeth forth out of the mouth of God.
Therefore, be not afraid of your enemies, for I have decreed in my heart, saith the Lord, that I will prove you in all things, whether you will abide in my covenant, even unto death, that you may be found worthy.
Let not your hearts be troubled; for in my Father’s house are many mansions, and I have prepared a place for you; and where my Father and I am, there ye shall be also."
I know God lives and that He will always be there for us. We just need to let Him in our lives. My prayer is that Maria will be able to find the best tools to help her find peace and calm. I know that faith is a strong thing. Jesus stilled the waters and can still our souls.
No comments:
Post a Comment