Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Allergic Reactions!


So great hike. Little's are killing it. 
Maria is having a panic attack and Nina is with her through it all in the back.

And then, I give Ella a perfect bar. Chocolate Crisp.
She is gagging on it and saying she can't eat it so I tell her to eat the apple instead.
Then 5 minutes later her upper lip is completely swollen and she starts sneezing.

Thank God it wasn't fatal.

She started vomiting and her skin broke out in just total redness. She couldn't walk and we still had 3.5 miles to go. Fortunately it was mostly downhill. Jody and I took turns carrying her. I was asking her every minute... how is your breathing. She was just sick sick sick and tired.

How does a small protein have such a large and horrible reaction?

I feel absolutely horrible. I didn't even think to check. 





Thank God we made it home. At one point I slipped carrying her but I swear an angel was right behind me and helped steady me so I didn't fall.

Jody and I took turns carrying her all the way back. It was scary.

By the time we got home I was absolutely drained. Jody was so thoughtful and got everyone Pizza Plus for dinner and Indian take out for me. Ella was able to get 2 slices of pizza down and drank a big bottle of juice.

Definitely an Easter to remember. We watched some videos about Christ and I read some conference talks today.

Just feeling very grateful that Ella is OK. We are blessed.


No comments: