I trained. 390 miles since January. I knew I could do it. I had run 26. 2 already... but on a treadmill.
And I always had Alex to distract me.
This I would do by myself.
I had a plan with music and podcast, but it turns out the excitement of the race had my senses on high alert the whole time. There was so much to look at and see! It truly was amazing.
On my watch my average speed was 10:06. According the official race it was 10:12 pace.
Splits were under 10:00, even mile 11 was 8:57... but at mile 20 I started to slow down and get tired. My slowest mile was 12:00.
For my first marathon I was very happy. My goal was to be under 4 1/2 hours. I did 4 hours 28 minutes.
I went into the race with the purpose of having gratitude. I was running for all I have been given by God. For the family and friends in my life. I was 100% connected to the earth, to my surroundings, and hyper aware of life. My body just moved, I was in a state of flow and connection. I am so grateful for this experience and for running.
I don't love to run, but I am a runner. I can run long distances and for long periods of time. I am strong. And it is all thanks to Heavenly Father and the blessings He has given me.
Everyone was so supportive. It was an amazing experience. The weather was perfect... a little cold and windy to start with, then it heated up by the end.
Uncle Bob also had to rush the finish line to a man who collapsed within 500 feet of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment