The Reno Tahoe Odyssey was definitely memorable! I had an interesting van of team mates, who were all very nice. Everyone was drinking except me, so of course, everyone got injured or was suffering. I ran 17 miles and had amazing runs. I started with leg 11 in Truckee. It was a gorgeous 5 mile run, even though it was super hot and I got burned. It was just a peaceful run. I felt strong, I had water on me... it was great. I was going to run another leg 6 miles, but my teammates were hungry so we headed to dinner. Steve made reservations at a great restaurant, even though it was pretty bougie. I had salmon and thank goodness, it wasn't too heavy or too light. It was just right to fuel me.
We plunged in Tahoe. It felt amazing, and then it was our turn to run again! We did the night shift. I had a 2AM run from Genoa to Carson, 9 miles. It was pitch black, perfect temperature, and lovely. I had my club music on and it felt like a party with my glow lights. I was passed quite a bit, but I didn't mind, seeing as they were all men younger than me. When I got to Carson, I felt something around my legs. It was a wire. I could have tripped really bad, but I felt like the prayers of my family were keeping me safe.
We slept for 2 hours at a hotel. Thank goodness I was with our female driver Becky. It was nice to get a break from the alcohol and chew.
Once we were up, it was the final run!! It was starting to heat up. I knew that I didn't really want to run 6 miles in the heat, so I traded with injured Steve and did the big hill in the morning. I was passed by a really cute gay guy... super buff, but I caught him on the way down. He was cramping and injured. I took advantage. I really wanted to catch up to this woman I knew I was faster than, but that didn't happen. It was still fun.
By this point I was exhausted. We finished! It was fabulous. But I was super glad to be home and with my family. I slept really well. I was not sore or anything, just sun burned and ready for sleep.




No comments:
Post a Comment