Friday, February 21, 2025

Feb. 13- Valentine's Day A Bit Early

As Jody and I work to build our new relationship after everything, I find myself in many dichotomies and it's hard. I'm not going to lie. I probably have depression. But it's what my life is.

Valentine's was a day early. I had told Jody no gifts, but I desperately wanted a gift. I don't like having to ask but I knew I had to say something. I equate gifts with love and affection and I was giving mixed messages. He was very generous and paid for my Eugene Marathon. I got him a pair of hiking boots. We went to dinner at Thai food and there was no crowd. The weather was very gloomy but it was nice to be able to talk and enjoy good food.

We enjoyed a sundae at the Peppermill and broke our no sugar streak. The addiction is real.



 

No comments: