Monday, March 31, 2025

March 16- Vegas and Driving Down to Arizona

I had tried for 6 years to get permits to Havasupai Falls. It's a little bit of a unicorn in terms of getting the permits... super hard. But by some miracle, it was our time to go! I got the permits for Joseph and I and even the mules to pack our stuff in. It took a little bit of planning and we were up for the task!! We worked so well together, probably because it was our first big vacation together. We left Sunday and were back Friday.

My dad was so gracious to watch the little kids. He took them shoe shopping, got them haircuts and Ella got her hair dyed with highlights,,,, they were in very loving wonderful hands. I think to be honest they forgot about us.

We headed to the airport and had a rough flight out to Vegas. It was super bumpy and I was feeling very panicked to leave the children. Having a child die means I just feel like separation is a lot harder. Its physically taxing on my body and anxiety sets in. Fortunately I felt God's comfort and was able to relax for the most part. WE HAD ZERO RECEPTION. I couldn't even call my babies.

Fortunately we were in such a beautiful setting that it was impossible not to feel at peace.

We got into Vegas and did some last minute food shopping. We were spot on with our needs. We bought a miniature tent that we thought we'd put our suitcases in from REI, but it was a mini tent for dolls. $30. Thank goodness we could return it. Our bags were a last minute panic because I wasn't sure if we could do the OSPREY backpacks, so Jody figured out using our inflatable kayaks and paddle board bags. The mules ended up ripping them but duct tape is a miracle worker.

We are foodies and ate at a fake restaurant with high ratings and all fake flowers. It wasn't that great. But Pinkbox donuts were!!! We were pretty sugared out by them. We drove 3 hours to get to our hotel in Peach Springs, an hour away from Havasupai Falls start of the hike. It was pretty desolate, but we were able to get our check in information and tags and sleep through the really loud trains that came by every 20 minutes.














 

No comments: