Monday, June 1, 2026

May 30- RTO #3 Powered by Super Burritos

Very last minute I got asked and agreed to run the RTO by Karla. It was beautiful at night in Tahoe, I did leg 17 and it was 300 up and 600 down elevation gain. The moon was full and it was quite the run at 9:30 PM. It was freezing, but I warmed up quickly. My team was very nice. Everyone got along splendidly and we cheered each other on! To the point where we only got 1.5 hours sleep. Jody was a saint and picked me up in Carson. I was able to go home and get a nap and then go get the medal and cheer for Van 2. Jody got a little shot of something, we're not sure what (but the next day he went down hard sick). Overall it was a very pleasant experience! I was really lucky that Jody took me to eat at Perren after. We had eaten at Denny's and it was not yummy.

Leg 17: 9:18 PM 5.5 miles
8:58 pace

Leg 27: 6:25AM 4 miles
8:53 pace














 

No comments: