Friday, April 9, 2010

Yaya Sofia's Birthday!


Christina wrote this all by herself. I was so pleased she could spell happy and your correctly. She amazes me constantly. I don't think there is a moment that passes by where I'm not like .... wow... really?
We love our Yaya. She is definitely one of the most thoughtful and generous people I know. Yaya Kota took us out for lunch and we had a lovely time. My grandmother is a hard worker. Her whole life she worked to support others. I admire her, standing on her feet every single day, tired and worn out, yet she'd come home and cook dinner and do her best to be a good mother.
She is the American Dream. I look to her example and wisdom often and am so blessed to have her there to lead me. Sometimes she does drive me a little nuts, but I'm always over it quickly because I know there is nothing but love in her heart for her family.
My daughters always love to be held by her while they eat. Her lap is like "the spot" when it comes to dinner. Their favorite food is her soup (as well as mine) and we can always find a present every time we go up. She is constantly shopping for us and getting all sorts of goodies. She's just so very thoughtful. I haven't had to buy laundry soap for 5 years. :)
She held my son the morning he died. They will be burried together one day. This fills my soul and comforts me that in the resurrection she can hold him and bring him to me.
I love my Yaya. She makes my life happy. I hope one day to have the priviledge of having her in my house... not too soon of course. Here's to many more years of health! Happy Birthday Yaya!

No comments: