Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sicko Child


This poor child has had a rough month with the sickos. First was a sinus infection, which lead to an ear infection.

Saturday Night we head to the ER because Maria is whimpering and in pain and I just knew something was wrong. So, yes, I repeat Saturday night... downtown Reno ER. Needless to say it's packed. The guy is checking us in and telling us it's going to be a looooooooooong wait (thank you it's 11:30 PM) when suddenly my little muffincito barfs, like exorcist style, all over me, her, the guy's desk and floor. Well, we got right in after that one. Come to find out it's an ear infection, her 2nd in her whole life, they give her a shot and voila, done. We even watched Barney for the first time in our lives :)

So we should be done now, right? Maria ends up getting croup and another ear infection a week later.

The hard part is, she is so happy and fun. She has a high threshold for pain. She doesn't just lay around and mope. She's always up and about playing merrily. Well... hopefully, God willing this sweet girl will be healthy for the rest of summer!!! Sheesh!!

2 comments:

Nevada Lyman said...

let me just say I am totally jealous...one of my life long goals is to barf all over the emergency room - I almost did it once but I puked all over the front entry area of my mom's house - didn't make it to the emergency room...Anyway perfect timing Maria. Hope she gets over all the sickness and doesn't share with the rest of you.

jaacs said...

Wow! That's an excellent idea for the next time I have to be at the ER. I'll gag my child when no one is looking. Quite clever.

Kidding! Maria! I'm so sorry you've been feeling yucky! You feel better, Missy! We love ya!