Saturday, October 11, 2014

BEST BOOK SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!

 
I must say...
I've had lots of good, wonderful, just amazing moments in motherhood.
But tonight was among one of the top.
 
As I sat in bed with Maria and Christina reading the last 150 pages of the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series, we bonded in a deep love of literature that you just can't put down. You must read. You must finish and complete the story. It's a part of you.
 
They are so fun. They are just the most fun little souls in the world.
 
We laughed, we cried.... we cheered together.
They literally were clapping and "woo-hoo"ing at the end... and jumping/hollering on the bed.
 
It was a great book!!!!!!!
 
Favorite parts:
Piper.... pretty awesome for a daughter of Aphrodite.
Coach Hedge naming his son Chuck.
Just the overall pace and way the crew of the Argo II and Reyna's mission switched back and forth.
The King of the Pegasus.
EVERYTHING Leo Valdez... especially You are surrounded by one SPANKING HOT war machine!!! What's up enchiladas!!!!!
 
A couple quotes:
 "She wished she could look at people and see what was hurting them, then whip out her prescription pad and make everything better. But she guessed there was a reason Zeus kept Asclepius locked away in his underground temple. Some pain shouldn't be wished away so easily. It had to be dealt with, even embraced." (394)
 
"Legion, cuneum formate!" Reyna yelled. "Advance!"
Another cheer on Jason's right as Percy and Annabeth reunited with the forces of Camp Half-Blood.
"Greeks!" Percy yelled. "Let's, um, fight stuff!!!"
 
God bless Rick Riordan! Looking forward to his new Norse series!!
 
I hope my children will always love reading and the places it can take you. I love this series too because we learn so much about mythology. We also have a deep sense of gratitude knowing that the only true and living God, is God the Father.

No comments: