Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

 
Let's just say on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is I ruined Thanksgiving and 10 is I succeeded, I'd rate my overall job as a 2.
 
2 points for the good food.
 
The company was perfect but I made a hasty last minute decision that caused drama and now I feel horrible.
 
I must have poisoned Joe because he slept the whole time and felt sick after.
 
I'm pretty sure people were angry with me.

Sigh.
 

 
The carrots were really good. Can good carrots make up for what I lack?

 
My Yaya almost didn't come. I was so devastated. But then she braved the cold and came at the last minute. Love my Yaya!!

 
Dad cooked & carved the turkey! It looked delicious!!

 
TOBI!!!!! Love our Aunty!!!!






 
New chairs from Grandpapa & Grandmama. So kind of them to bring them for the children.
 
After dinner I had to get some tupperwares from my dad's house. (Sorry dad, I'll return them) I ended up crying on my mom's bed for 20 minutes. Such a bittersweet day. Wish I could have heard my mom say how much she loved the food. Wish I could have seen her play the farting pig game with the kids. Wish I could have hugged her. Wishes. Wishes. Wishes.
What good do wishes do.
God knows best.
And therein lies the sweetness.
Mom knew the food was good. Mom saw us playing the game and was happy we were happy. Mom is waiting to give us hugs.
Just be patient.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

I wish I could give you hugs in person. I know the words you write are true and your Mom/Yaya was there and loving every moment of it. We love and miss our sweet friends! *hugs*