Sunday, February 5, 2017

Spending Yuan

 
It's funny how simple things can be so exciting.
I printed out some RMG mini-Chinese money, and Christina decorated red envelopes for everyone. We divided up everyone's portion and then Maria converted everything into dollars (6.77 to $1).
 
Christina had a presentation of the envelopes while we all cheered for one another. It really was so awesome and everyone was just smiling ear to ear.
 
And then, we turned on our Chinese tunes (sooooooo peaceful!!) and headed out to Moana Lane.
 
 
They got to spend their money however they liked (although, I did convince Eli out of a plastic green chair and red umbrella that he could quote, "Stab things with.") Mostly they just got candies and sweet treats!
 

 
We could not figure out how to open the blue soda!! Then Christina noticed the directions on the trash. We had to push really hard down on this glass bead and then it started fizzing. Kinda cool! The Lychee drink was heavenly!!

 
Since it was an Asian mart, I'm not exactly sure everything was Chinese. In fact, I know we got some Japanese Mochi... which definitely had some interesting flavors!!!

 
Chinese strawberry Cheetos without the cheese. Yum. Plus it was pink. Ella was happy.


 
Asian goodies picnic in the park!!!







1 comment:

jaacs said...

How fun! I was intimidated my first time in an Asian market. I don't know how often you guys go, but it is always a favorite stop for us. So many fun things to be found that we'd never try without Daddy to make us. Lol. Such a great way to celebrate the New Year. :-)