Death is draining. The process after, the traditions, the ceremonies, the drama, the emotions...
I've said it once before, when Joe died, but I really do wish time would stop when someone dies. So you could cry, breathe, and just have that moment to mourn.
But you can't have time. You have to mourn and move unfortunately.
Whether it's your mind running a million miles an hour or actually running like Theo Speedo did all around town to get everything done.
The best part was being around family. Truly Yiaya was a wonderful woman who loved all her family. We were blessed in life to have such supportive, kind family members who were willing to help always.
The thing about a funeral is everyone wants to share how much they loved that person. But time doesn't allow us to share all that's in our heart. That's why I love this blog. I can take time after, whenever needed, to share away.
The food was excellent!! Christina my mom's old best friend was hassling Jody, Kim was telling me about how I need an Iphone, and the Greek church was beautiful. I went with Nina after to show her the stained glass window my Yiaya had bought for the church. It was St. Peter. The rock. Just like my Yiaya was for me.
It was a lovely service but at the same time I couldn't help but be grateful for my faith. How the funerals were basically the same principles of eternal life, how Christ saves us, and how there is life after death.
But 2 funerals I didn't have to worry about a single crumb of food or pay for it. As opposed to what Speedo had to pay the Greek church.
I don't know much. But I do know this, my Yiaya is with God. She is ready for me to do her temple work.













No comments:
Post a Comment