This party was quite different for me. Jody was with me every step of the way. We had one moment where I was able to clearly express how important his focus needed to be, and he gave me 100% after that. I refuse to not communicate in a healthy way anymore. It feels so positive and productive. The thing is, no one really teaches you how to express yourself in a way that is helpful or actively listen so others feel heard.
Jody cut all the vegetables. I did all the shopping. Papa did cleaning and swim meet. Girls got things as needed that were forgotten. It took 4.5 hours to bake 30 dozen cookies. I used a whole 10 lbs of sugar and 16 packs of butter. It's amazing what can happen when we work together!!
Family and friends came. We enjoyed time together, food, and a relaxing night. Kids played the Wii. Teens laughed. And adults cried because traditions of family togetherness are important. Time keeps going by and we keep growing, it is such a blessing to see.
Also... highlight gossip of the party was when roomate's boyfriends bite off people's ears and get prison time.



No comments:
Post a Comment