It was sad to leave such a beautiful place. I'm so grateful I got to go there with Joseph. No matter what happens I will never regret this trip and grateful for the time there together. What is it like to hike 3,000 elevation gain in 10 miles with the last 1,000 feet in 1 mile? Not too bad actually! It was starting to get hot on our way out, but it felt great after all the cold!! WE MADE IT!!! Sleeping on the ground, on MRE food, stuck together.... God is good!!
On the drive back we stopped in a small town called Kingsman AZ. It was actually cute. I felt like I was getting my hallmark movie where we wandered the super large sidewalk (the drop off was a foot) and enjoyed just spending time together. We enjoyed pizza, REAL FOOD!!! And calling our sweet children and finally hearing their voices. While we were gone, Maria broke up with her crusty boyfriend. Jody started dancing when he heard the news. And we drove to Vegas, dirty and tired, but still just so grateful to be together.
As we were driving to Vegas I swear I booked a hotel in Henderson. Apparently it was a hotel we had stayed at years ago and had a horrible trip. I don't need to dwell on the bad memories. When we got there I was immediately triggered. Jody mostly is able to stay calm in situations where he sees I'm not doing to good and he made a valid point, second chance. Our second chance there was all the better. We worked together to clean up our stuff, fix our bags for the next day's flight. We had an explosion of jam we were able to clean up in the weird smelling room that had no air conditioning. And even though we were on the 2nd floor and had to haul our 40 lb bags up the stairs, it was a good second chance. It was so much better than the first time. We were present, we were laughing, we were exhausted, but we were together. Plus we got Pinkbox donuts for a second time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment