Sunday, October 5, 2025

July 23- Athens Day 1

A good way to start off your day is to exercise. I've done it for 10 years now and have no regrets. We walked past the strip club to the gym and were lucky enough to have a smidge of air conditioning. Not much. It was brutal!! But if the National Greek Men's Volleyball team can do (while smoking outside as well) so can we!! (minus the smoking)

We headed to the mall via walking, metro, and bus. Driving is a no go in Athens. Everyone wanted McDonald's even though I have never fed them McDonald's in their life. We were starting to get the "American Itch"... not me. Everyone else. We went to the mall and found some amazing deals- a $35 suitcase for souvenirs!! It was 60% air conditioned and we enjoyed a break from the heat wave temps of 104 with 80% humidity.

We tried to hit the flea market and do Jurassic Park movie but Saul got mugged. He was being the good soul he is and letting people off the metro when someone pick pocketed him and my credit card I had given them. Fortunately, the credit card companies are wonderful and we got all the fraud charges erased. Apparently I don't buy designer bags and alcohol so yeah.... Saul felt horrible but we were just glad no one was hurt. They struggled trying to figure out how to get off the metro together to be in the same spot. But Heavenly Father sent an angel Greek Man who helped Nina to navigate. We met them up and decided to call it a day. I don't think Saul will ever like Athens.

Eli and I ended up getting pizza for everyone and treats. It was hot. We were tired. Saul got violated.













































 

No comments: