Monday, September 17, 2007

Deadly Lab Puppy


On a morning walk to the paper we were confronted by a huge dog NOT on a leash or behind a fence. It was giving us the hungry eye and started to follow, mind you it was the size of a small horse. Fortunately it stopped following us and no harm done. Then a little white yapper dog, NOT on a leash or behind a fence started to bark at my ankles and chase me. I could have kicked it or beaten it with a baby toy from the stroller, but I am not Michael Vick. (sp??) However after 2 blocks of running I was starting to get agitated, I mean what is this? Ladies and gentlemen, 5 pitbulls live on our block and I'm ready for pepper spray. I'm not going to stop going for walks and live in fear. It's not fair to my kids either to grow up afraid of dogs, just because a few lazy crazies can't keep their dogs under control. Well, I called animal control and they picked up the black dog and gave the owner a violation notice. Come to find out it was a black lab puppy, America's favorite (are you jealous lassie?) I honestly thought it was a pitbull. As for the yapper, I walked door to door trying to find out who the owner was so I could give them a taste of my wrath, however no one owned up. Lesson learned? I am a vigilante at heart.

2 comments:

RamyaF said...

I LOVE that it was a lab puppy. I will say that dogs barking are scary. I mean really, you just don't know what a dog is capable of. Coco is a barker but once she meets you she is fine. The others aren't barkers though. And no, we don't let them wander around the neighborhood. People are freaks. I am happy you took some action. The last thing we need is for my babies to be mauled by a dog. Btw, do you have any bad experiences with dogs.

jaacs said...

I, too, am amused that it was a lab puppy. lol. Any dog coming after you is scary...teeney tiny or huge...so I hear your complaint here. One of my pet peeves is when people dont keep their dogs on a leash at the park AT the playground. SOOO maddening. I dont care how nice they are. Anyway, I'm a frequent caller to the animal control people. I complained about the old neighbors dog barking all day long and having no house to go into (in the middle of the summer, mind you)...plus I call when I see a dog wondering the neighborhood. I just tell them the mailman asked me to call and they usually come out immediately. Kudos for you in trying to hunt down the one dogs owner. You are awesome.