
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but Reno has some beautiful people. E.G. Smokers at a library meet and greet local firemen. While they blew their second hand smoke into about 20 little kids' lungs (my favorite part being when the librarian confiscated the cigarettes and put them in the ash bins and then the women went back to the ash bins and started to re-smoke them- class.)- the local firemen did a splendid job talking about fire safety. The kids got to go in the fire truck and try on the firemens' clothes. Also, one of the firemen ended up being Dallan Smith! Ramya, did we know him through Adam Frenza? Was he in student council? Lastly, as we left Christina, being the SWEETHEART!!! she is told one of the firemen, "Thank you for being a hero." Is she not adorable!
3 comments:
I've seriously had enough of smokers and their rudeness. The fact is that MOST AMERICANS ARE NOT SMOKERS PEOPLE!! Once again, the silent majority is letting the obnoxious minority rule the roost. Anyway, I have moved past my overly loud coughing fits...I now tell people that my daughter is allergic to the smoke (okay, I am...she is not as of yet...but I think she gets more people to put theirs out than I would) and they move or put it out. We have a smoking ban now, thankfully, but I have asked to be moved when we are too close to the smoking section. I even have asked to speak with the manager of the stores (walmart, albertsons, etc) and tattled/complained about people who are smoking right next to the door (30 foot law, people!). It is grand. I just have zero tolerance for rudeness...and polluting my daughters' lungs, let alone my own, is so NOT acceptable.
That is pretty funny to have smokers going at it while talking about fire safety. Here in Ohio we've discovered that a lot of people chew tobacco too. At first I was amazed people still do that! It's all YUCKY to me.
Oh, and Baylie's preschool is only 40 bucks a month for two times a week for two hours. All the other ones around here are way more, but I just stumbled across the opportunity over the summer at our local rec center. If it were more, we wouldn't be doing it, but I'm so glad because she LOVES it!
Yes, that was so polite and adorable of Christina to thank the firemen.
I'm glad Reno has got you guys to add some class to it's community!
Post a Comment