So here is my problem. Writers who are quick to put down God, Jesus and His Prophets. Really? Really do you want to mess with the big man Lisa Miller?
I got my mag and was quickly interested because I've read the bible a lot and consider myself fairly versed. But the other problem is I believe in additional scripture and modern prophetic revelation which is a lot clearer than some points within the bible.
Within her first sentence she starts sarcastically on Abraham and goes down the line on how they were all polygamists. Then quote "The new testament model of marriage is hardly better. Jesus himself was single and preached an indifference to early attachments, especially family."
Really? Really Lisa, did He? Maybe you should reread the few things He said while dying on the cross- referencing the care of his mother. She also says, "most of us no longer heed Leviticus on haircuts or blood sacrifices. Why would we still accept its stance on homosexuality?"
I also saw this support for prop 8 video where Jack Black dresses up as Jesus and talks about shrimp cocktails. Ah, blasphemy.
1. When Jesus Christ came to earth, the Mosaic law was fulfilled. He gave a higher law. However, the 10 commandments still remained in tact.
2. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. Jesus even went further to define it as a sin for a man to even look upon a woman and lust after her in his heart.
3. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.
My whole problem is that this article oozed blasphemy and hate. We are all sinners. But do we need to put down the bible, God or His prophets? Good luck talking this one over with the big man when you're dead Miss Miller.
3 comments:
lol. I love you. I have heard about this all week and have been quite annoyed with the subject and the great lengths the author went to to claim that the Bible supports gay marriage.
I finally clicked your link and read it. It might be the antibiotics kicking in, but I seriously want to puke. I know malarky when I read it. MALARKY!
Well, blasphemy is a better word in this case.
I know they are a liberal paper and I shouldn't be surprised...but I get really REALLY annoyed when I the printed news starts to become so one-sided. I think it is from being married to a journalist who prefers things to be fair and balanced (guess which online news source I look at the most. lol)...but it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.
MALARKY!
In other news, we got your card and picture today. Thank you. You have such a beautiful family.
May I echo your words. I just read that article at my in-laws house last week. Blasphemy! Or Malarky! as Christina put it. I'm never reading Newsweek again.
Post a Comment