Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nutcracker Take 2

The nutcracker is a holiday tradition in the making. I love going to see the ballet with my daughter. Granted... it's the Reno ballet, but this year there was less male prancing and ample anorexic ballerinas suffering from the shakes. We wore our best dresses, fake fur coats and blinged out courtesy Nono. I'm actually really lucky I wasn't mugged.

Now. Christina is beautiful and I expect to hear comments, because really, she's stunning. After about 30 people though stop to harass her, I noticed a bit of attitude.

Stranger: Oh! What a pretty coat you have!
Christina: Yeah. OK.

Stranger: What a beautiful girl you are!
Christina: I know.

Stranger: Oh look at how cute she is!
Christina then starts strutting and puckering?? her lips.
Stranger: ohmygosh!! She totally knows it too!

We obviously need to work on humility and just saying thank you. But it nonetheless entertained me, so maybe I won't say anything too soon. She is all that and a bag of chips.

On a sadder note, Maria was quite disappointed she didn't get to go. She kept saying, "Nutcracker. Rat King. Spooky. Oh No. Rat King."

No comments: