Sunday, September 5, 2010

Is there anything better than Virginia City? Yes.

Jody loves Nevada History. One may ask why, but I really don't have the answer. It's just off, kind of like this. 
We stopped at the look off point. Jody thought it was amazing. I thought it smelled like pee.
Shapely.

It was civil war days there... I really don't know why. We took pictures just to take pictures and make it more exciting.
Yaya was a great sport and we dragged her around. Best story: A random kind man passes by Yaya and says, "Great shirt." to which my mom says, "Thanks, I got it in India." True story except for the part where my mother's been to India.
My stunning little girl. Poor thing ended up with a tummy ache and we spent a good 30 minutes in the bathroom in the Catholic Visitors Museum.

We had a nice train ride.
A weird man freaked me out by holding his hand by my face with a plastic spider. Hooray for Virginia City and paving the way for San Francisco in gold and blood of exploited miners. (Actually the miners were paid quite well, but had to work in 140 degree mines... so was it worth it, probably not as they died)

2 comments:

Angela said...

yeah, V. City just has so many
"celebrations" about random things, maybe just to get people to go up there. i like the fudge shop though! hmmmm, fudge......

Anonymous said...

Virgina City always rocked harder when I was a kid...hmm. Go fig.
I took the kids there once when I was living there when Justin was gone. Night.mare.