Monday, August 8, 2011

Tangrams and Octopus Art

I was soooooooooooo happy I ran into these the other day at the thrift store. The tangrams are wooden and when a magician just happened to ask Christina what shape was in her hand, she knew... hexagon. Impressive.



This was such a fun little project. First the girls did some watercolor and then they painted their own octopuses with acrylic. We added smashed marshmallows for suckers. They are very happy little paintings.


2 comments:

jaacs said...

We LOVE Tangrams!!! We have that exact set and I went and bought the girls another set that only gives them the shape and they have to figure out how to put all the pieces. I admit that I've played them after the kids have gone to bed. lol.

How awesome are those pictures?! Way to go, girls!

jaacs said...

P.S. Have I told you how much I love your kitchen? It's so nice and open looking. Love the white cabinets, too.