Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Things that make me smile....

Today I was "nesting" a little and I ran across a document from when I was a teenager. I had just learned how to fax and used a company letterhead (very professional looking) to fax a note to Ramya, knowing full well that her parents would read it....

It read, "Dear Miss Ramya F., A deep apology for the previous miscommunication. I have not received any faxes or response from you and am gravely disappointed in myself. I had no idea that you didn't tell your beautiful, kind and wonderful mom that you have AIDS. I think now is the time to be open and honest. Love each other and let it heal. I know that I am not a psychologist, but I am a friend and I have your welfare weighing my heart. Please have a nice day and say hello to Auntie and the cousins. Deep apologies again, but honesty is the best policy. Thank you for your care and consideration on this matter."

Then I signed my name!! I should have signed Dr. Something. What on earth was I thinking. I just wish I could have seen George or Queency's face when they read it. Fun fun times. It's funny to think that a year later I was engaged. Ah.... sweet maturity.

2 comments:

jaacs said...

LOL. You two have never been boring, that is for sure. :o)

RamyaF said...

OMG that is hilarious! I kind of remember that too although I'm not sure if my parents did get it or not.