We had such a lovely morning at the temple as a family at the Primary Temple Day. While the girls can't go in yet because of age, it was wonderful to walk around the beautiful grounds and do an "I Spy" activity and scripture matching game. About 10 families came.
The temple is a holy place where I go as often as I can. I'm grateful for the peace that is felt there. Today, I wasn't sure what to expect. On baby Joe's birthday I was pretty sad and antsy. I felt empty and like I had to keep myself busy. I hauled up 2 beds and put them together on that day. It was hard manual labor but I felt like that's what I needed. Today was different. I think because we had "normal" Sacrament meeting talks, it set the day off to a good start. I was thinking we might leave church early, but I was glad we stayed because it ended up being my last "official" day in Primary with the kids... for now. I was released, so now I can just relax with Elijah and enjoy him, no pressures of a calling.
I was thinking maybe of going to the cemetery, but we ended up going to my folks house for a delicious meal my dad cooked. It rained. Hard. Mother Earth was telling me she was sad along with me. But even in sadness, there is growth. Time doesn't make it easier. I still think about him every single day. But staying close to God and doing the things I'm supposed to do like reading scriptures, praying and going to church do make time without him bearable. I hear him still on occasion. It's like a very distinct thought in my mind and he always calls me mom or mommy. That's good, because then I know he's close by. I know he helps us daily. The real blessing is just in what I know to be true. Jesus Christ came to earth and lived a perfect life. He healed, He blessed, He performed miracles, He loved, He died and then, He rose again. He made it possible for us to return to a loving Heavenly Father.
We looked at pictures of Baby Joe and Maria said, "You know what. He's really happy. He's really happy he's with Heavenly Father." Indeed my sweetheart.
2 comments:
So aren't you supposed to be pregnant or something? You look too fantastic. We were thinking of you guys and baby Joe on Sunday. You continue to inspire.
I love you so much, my sweet friend. Did you get my lame voicemail? I wanted you to know we were thinking of you guys and your little Joe on Sunday.
And a HUGE congratulations on the arrival of Elijah. What.a.CUTIE! Having him on my birthday was a nice touch. ;o) I hope all is going great and that you get back home soon and can just enjoy getting to know your newest little blessing.
I need to come see you sometime. Not right now, of course...but I need to come pester my friends out there for a bit.
Love you all!!!
Post a Comment