We usually like to celebrate commercial Easter on Saturday, however the Easter Bunny was a little disorganized from what I hear from some very reliable chicks. Something about watching Nova that affected his ability to concentrate or not cry every 30 seconds thinking about the grey mother whale who fought for 4 hours relentlessly a pack of orcas who were trying to kill her baby. They succeeded and she was left with nothing. She had spent 5 months starving herself trying to get her baby big enough for their perilous journey to food... nursing him, playing with him tenderly.... and then... nothing.
I mean, I know he's in a better place and will be resurrected... but...
it affected the Easter Bunny.
So I hear.
From the chicks.
Eli's first Easter basket!!! He loved his new teething rings!!
The girls also enjoyed their scratch and design princess packs.
We headed off to church and had a lovely meeting! It was extra special because my Yaya came!!! Her car mysteriously broke down and she was ready to go to her church when I called.... guess it looks like Heavenly Father wanted us all together! Jody got the saint award for missing sacrament to pick her up. He went to another ward during priesthood for it.... but that's just the type of guy he is. Always willing to do anything to help. No matter what. He also fixed her car afterwards.
1 comment:
Wow. Sounds like the Easter Bunny is just a bit traumatized. lol. That is sad. Our oldest did a report on Emperor Penguins for school last month and, of course, Orcas are one of their enemies. It's hard to not dislike them and remember that they need to eat, too. Poor Mama Whale. :(
Your husband is a good guy. I'm sorry Yaya's car broke down...but I think it's awesome that you all got to be together at church. Looks like a fun and festive day. You decorate your home so nicely for each holiday. I need to hire you to come decorate mine. :)
Post a Comment