At 9 Months Eli was 18 lbs (10%) & 29" (75%)
We had to do a switcheroo with pediatricians because Dr. Diedrechsen retired. She was such a wonderful wonderful doctor and I will miss her a lot. She always spoke kindly to the children, was very warm & very supportive. She was exceptional. We never had to wait in her office, we could always see her whenever we were sick. She radiated goodness.
We went to see another pediatrician, but that did not work out at all. I could tell she was a bit nit picky and I don't need someone who is going to worry me constantly.
For example, Maria's eye sight. They tested her incorrectly and recommended I go see an eye doctor. Maria had NEVER complained about her eye sight ever. However, we went (thank goodness our deductible was met) and the doctor said her eye sight was perfect.
Next the doctor shows me a BMI chart and says that Christina is "borderline at risk to be obese". Christina knows what obese is. I don't want her, at 7 years old, to start getting a complex and worrying about stupid things. She is FAR from being at risk to be obese. I then had to answer a series of questions about her activity level.
The doctor was very nice, but there were no toys to play with in the office. It was at Renown so the parking was horrid. It just wasn't a good fit.
I asked around at church and found a SUPER doctor. Dr. Altoff. He was absolutely perfect. He's catholic with 5 kids, down to earth, loves to talk & is super gentle with the baby. I know we're going to have a great relationship with him. His office I went to a couple times as a kiddo and it was weird flashbacks. It's right by Dr.Mellum's so it really feels like home.
Sigh.
Relief.
Eli is my sweet little smushball. I could kiss his cheeks constantly.
Except at night. He drives me bonkers.
His sleep is basically non-existent at this point. He's been crawling really well for about a week now and I think at night time he wants to keep crawling. It wakes him up because he's so mobile.
I'm hoping we'll get back to at least 3 hours in a row sometime within the next minute.
However, God knows best.
All is well.
I have to record this so when lil' Ella or Gloria comes I can remember....
Eli loves to play with cars, especially the barbie jeep & barbie camper that make fun music and noises.
Hopefully, Santa can find some fun noise vehicles that are a bit more masculine for him.
He knows how to wave, clap, give besos & show his pointer!
He's an absolute love bug. Loves watermelon, cantaloupe & raisin bran flakes (that are wet).
He's my special helper in the morning and sits in the stroller while I water my garden. Sometimes I will lightly spray him and he loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment