Friday, July 6, 2012

Patriotic Happenings

Yeah... I still have about 5 of these that I haven't mailed. Whoops.
It'll happen... eventually.

We took these pictures in June and it was freezing! The kiddo's teeth were chattering!


On the 4th we went to our ward activity. It was really good food.

The parade was great. Quotes to remember "My bike is fast, watch out." Then the little boy crashes. Maria passes him and says, "Sorry."
A little girl crashes her bike twice, hard.... she gets right up with only a couple tears and keeps on riding. I tell her mom, "Wow. She does better then some of the men at testimony meeting."


I just can't do anything rodeo related. Branding? Quote, "It doesn't hurt the cows."
Right.

Roping. Quote, "Well.... we rope because it shows how manly we are."
Ha ha. At that point I was completely done.

We didn't watch any fireworks. But Joe did make me watch Where the Red Fern grows.
Thank you.
Something is wrong when you are grateful that a dog has lived over a mean child and then the dog dies anyways.
Plus it used the word "coon" more than was my taste.
I'm hoping next year we can head to Lake Tahoe for festivities.

No comments: