Man.
Sigh.
Artown was a total flop for the opening art kid's night. There were 2 things for the kids to do besides wait in line for a balloon & face painting. Such a disappointment because last year was just plain awesome.
The girls colored free bags, but no free T-shirts.
Bubbles.
The yearly mural.
A volunteer was telling a 2 year old to try coloring in the lines.
Bubbles the clown.
We waited for 20 minutes for our balloons, which popped within 10 minutes.
But, the face painting NEVER ceases to amaze. It is art at it's finest.
This year Maria wanted a unicorn.
Eli was so done. He can recognize mediocrity immediately.
On the way out from Artown, we saw tons of smoke from yet another fire by my Yaya's house.
A man had road rage at me and then I felt the over whelming desire to ram the white maiden into him. But I didn't. I just shouted back at him.
Good things to teach my children.
I blame Papa.
We went to our special spot, Whole Foods, where we've been basically the whole week. I introduced Joe and he's hooked. It's just this super-cool-out-of-Reno-you're-actually-in-Oregon vibe you get when you're there, the foods awesome & they have a nice outdoor patio to eat on.
Pigs in a blanket for Joe.
Clam chowder, corn bread & pizza.
SALAD BAR!!!! FUN!!!
Whole Foods salvaged the night.
Until.
The ride home took about 1 1/2 hours because we kept having to pull over for emergency vehicles. Not only was there a fire by Yaya's but a fire 15 miles from our house.
Poor Nina was so scared. She started crying and when we got home she held my hand and said, "I know it sounds complicated, but I really don't want the house to burn down."
Sweet babe.
She managed to calm down and finished the last chapter of Moroni!!
She read the entire Book of Mormon!!!!!!!!
All by herself!!!!
Every night we would read silently along while she read out loud.
She's amazing. 7 years old.
And she's read an entire book of scripture.
I must say my favorite time of the day is relaxing with them and listening while the girls read the Book of Mormon. I know that they are better readers because of that. But more importantly, they are wiser and more in tune with the spirit. I'm constantly amazed at their good examples and kind souls. I know that as they read their scriptures, they will be blessed. They will have peace and joy that can't be found anywhere else. Truly, life would be meaningless without the knowledge from these sacred books.
1 comment:
I was feeling kind of bad about skipping art town, but not so much now. They hate waiting in line so we would have only done the free stuff anyway...
In other news, Go Christina! That's an amazing accomplishment.
Post a Comment