Saturday, September 15, 2012

3 Years After

Nancy, the love of my life and one of my very best friends, once told me that time doesn't make things easier, time just gives you the opportunity to adjust to the new reality.
The reality is that I miss very dearly my baby Joe.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him.
Or pray and give thanks for his life.
 
I'm at peace.
I trust God that He knows more than I do and that His way is the best way.
I'm so blessed.
My life and family is not complete at this time, but it's blissful. I have more joy than I deserve.
 
Sept. 11 rolls around like it always does. I decided to play hookie with the girls and go out for some fresh air. We enjoyed a park out in Galena. It's so refreshing to be outdoors.
We watched Brave... mind you on a Tuesday, at 11:00 AM... with one other person in the theater.
A 40 year old man, who was about 300 pounds.
It was scary. I feared for our lives. Because really? Really?
The girls wanted to go to the cemetery, but we had just been there 2 days ago, so we headed home.
 
We feasted on cookies made by thoughtful friends. They were delicious. The cookies were literally all eaten within 10 minutes.
 
It was a good day. A sad day. But a good one.
I love you Jojo. Always.
 







1 comment:

jaacs said...

*hugs* I love you. All of you.