Sunday, September 30, 2012

For My Christina.... Thoughts about Baptism



 
My Dearest Christina,
 
I have a fabulous job in life. The very best job anyone could ever have in life... and that is being your mother. I am just your earthly mother. I realize this every day, because I know that I could have never created something so divine as you. You truly are a daughter of God.
 
First off, I wanted to write down a couple things that stood out to me in your confirmation. One was when the blessing pronounced that the Holy Ghost will help you feel how much you are loved by your Heavenly Father. Love was repeated often. You must remember how much your Heavenly Father loves you. It was also pronounced that you are to remember how Christ said, "Come unto me." The blessing spoke of how Christ never turned away anyone but always received them. Most importantly, it was told how you will be able to do all things with the help of the Holy Ghost for all things are possible with God.
 
Sweetheart, there are only a few things in this life for us to do. Our Savior has done the hard work and it is up to us to be the very best we can be. One of the things asked of us is to be baptized and confirmed. How hard you have worked to prepare for your special day. How ready, how wise & how splendid you are!
 
The moment you were born my life changed drastically. My life finally had purpose and meaning. I understood quite clearly my responsibility to teach you the principles of the gospel. To teach you what the meaning of life is. The great questions of life can be answered in studying the words of God, by kneeling and humbly asking your Maker all the desires of your heart. You are so precious to Him.
You are so precious to me.
 
I look forward to the many more spiritual goals you will set and reach. I look forward to seeing you go to the temple and do proxy work. I look forward to your endowment, to your sealing of a righteous priesthood holder who will love you and treat you like your father treats me. You are a queen. Please remember, we cannot tell what the future holds. No matter in life or in death, I will be by your side. God is so merciful that nothing cannot separate us. The sealing powers bind. Listen in your mind and you will hear my voice. I promise you that I will do my very best to make sure you know all you need to know to return to Our Father.
 
Christina, I know God lives. I know He loves us. The words of the Bible and Book of Mormon are true. Holy Prophets walk the earth today. If we want to be happy, we must follow the commandments. Your greatest joys in life will be the times you follow the example of The Savior. Families are forever. The temple is truly the House of The Lord and may Holiness be to His name forever! Our time on this earth is extremely important for there is absolutely an eternity awaiting the judgement of all we have done. I know angels watch you carefully and closely. God is not cruel, God is not far away. Heavenly Father is close and Jesus Christ too. Reach up for Them and They will reach back to you always. This I bear testimony to you in The Blessed Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
I love you. I love you. I love you.
Love,
Mommy



No comments: