Monday, July 22, 2013

Sometimes Motherhood is hard.....


Today can be symbolized by this creepy statue. I woke up early around 5:30 and enjoyed the morning air. My backyard was like the garden of Eden and as I watched the clouds, it was just nice to not be so freaking stifling hot.

I think the hardest thing about being a mother is seeing your children suffer. We have been looking forward to the artown play since the beginning of the month. We read The Secret Garden and the girls loved it. The audition started off with the director saying that everyone would have a part as long as they were well behaved. The audition was great. All the children did fabulous.

2 hours later. The church's air conditioning isn't working so grand and the director stands up and says, unfortunately, they "miscounted". Not everyone would get a part.

Well, guess who didn't get a part. Christina.

She was in tears and so sad. Her little friends had come and they got a part and so did Maria.

12 kiddos got cut. 4 of them were acquaintances. We're artown homies and their moms were super pissed. I don't blame them. So am I. Maria was really gracious. I asked if she minded that we don't do the play because Christina didn't get a part and she said, "Not at all! I didn't even get what my part was supposed to be."

We're happy for all the children that got parts. But I just don't understand what happened.

I wish I could wrap Christina up and protect her from disappointment. She's handling it better than I am. She wants to call up my homies and do our own play... which she has volunteered to write. I want to cuss at someone.

I guess the fact of the matter is, that things happen in life. Whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Insert air quotes. "" I just wish that I could take away all her pain. Motherhood is hard in that sometimes we have no control. We want the best for our kids, and sometimes we can't get it.

No comments: