It was Joe's last night of vacation. He had 2 weeks off and the last week we were all feeling pretty sick. Eli and Joe had all sorts of fun things coming out their noses. Joe decided to whisk us away... for a staycation!!! Watch out Peppermill, here we come!!
The highlight of the stay can be summed up with 3 words: Food and Swimming!!!
Oh the wretchedness of being a Peppermill lifeguard!!
They had 3 large pools, one with a waterfall. 3 or 4 hot tubs. And all the temperatures of the pools were awesome. There were kids to play with but it wasn't super crowded.
The sandwiches here are AH-MAZING!!
The room was a little small. We got a HUGE discount and I thought it was acceptable for the price we paid. However, at the normal rate it would be outrageous. Plus we found underwear under the sink.
Ew, Reno. Ew.
When I was little and when Joe and I were first married my Nono and Yaya used to take us to the Peppermill almost weekly. My grandfather used to cut in front of people to pay, all with an elegant ease. He'd tip a dollar. He'd valet his '89 Cadillac and walk through the casino like he owned the place. Scratch that, he did own the place.
Going there without him is like movies without popcorn. It's like watching male gymnastics or having KFCruelty for dinner.
Just not quite natural.
I honestly don't think we've ever paid for a buffet at the Peppermill. This was a first and I was shocked at the price. The breakfast was mediocre. Long live Atlantis. We had a realization though, we are not buffet people anymore. It's just way too much food.
We enjoyed coming home. The smoke and noise of casinos are a bit much. Thanks Joe for the trip and partying with the girls all night long poolside!!
No comments:
Post a Comment