Today, out of utter necessity, I needed to clean out our junk drawers. Ah nesting. How you drive me insane and tire me out. I ran across these pictures and they made me smile. I have a small journal from my college days, but oh how I wish I had written down more! It's hard to imagine life without blogging, digital cameras, and in opposite,printing out pictures from film!!
My husband is so hot (above). It is so funny how we have each gained 200 pounds. Not really. But honestly, that is what happens in marriage. You get old and fat. We had good times in college, but I wouldn't trade a moment to go back. I'm so grateful for every single day with him. Especially since he has the leader of the black panthers (he's 77 now) cell number and says that if he ever ends up in prison, he will be the person he calls.
I love my commentary on pictures. It's like I was born to blog before I even knew it.... thank you cross dresser.
The champion!!! Our $200 car!!! Man, that car was the best deal EVER. Sure, it was ghetto. But it got us where we needed to go! Plus I learned to drive stick on it. And so did Lily. Tender times and it shook violently after you took the key out of it.
I know we were dressing up for an institute dance but I have no memory of the activity itself. I think it was probably lame and we ended up at a club.
HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And look... no double chin!!! I love Mom's thumb in the picture as well as an ethereal dove floating above my head.
We had so much fun traveling and seeing temples together. I'm glad we took the time to do that because once you have kids, it's hard to get to sessions together. Love Oakland!!!
My Nono is the best. I was talking to my dad about how it's sad that my kiddos won't know the people I've loved so much and lost, here in this life. You can talk about memories but it's not the same as Nono taking them to the Peppermill and giving them $40 after just because. At least I have a picture of the water flasks they used for their tea all the time. I loved how I would pick at my Nono's eyebrows on occasion and he would just chuckle and swat me away. Of course, I knew better than to touch his hair. His hair was always off limits.
I loved the oil stains on his expensive shirts and how he told me to put newspaper in my clothes if the weather was cold.
I miss his calls every single day... at 5. Exactly.
It's so good to run across things. These made me smile.






2 comments:
Gosh, I only experienced nesting with my third. That is some serious stuff. I didn't sleep for two nights in a row. Just stayed up all night long cleaning like my life depended on it. haha. My sanity certainly did, at least.
Wasn't that the Halloween dance that you guys went to with me? (or, more accurately, I went with you). You dressed up as a present complete with a wrapped box and Jody was Santa.
I don't know. Maybe that picture isn't it…but I know it happened. lol.
You two look cute. Thankfully, I was fatter then and can at least console myself that I'm smaller now as I pull at my skin and will it to be void of wrinkles. :)
p.s. Do you remember when I "birthed" you? Do you have that picture? I do. It's always awkward whenever my children come across it. lol. Love ya! I'll come out and stay with you immediately after you have a baby, okay? Get ready to cook! ;)
Post a Comment