Jody wanted to go to Zion's. I'll admit, I was pretty hesitant. It was 2 hours out of the way. It's Utah....
But, in the end, I'm really glad we went.
God is amazing.
His creations are breath taking. Being here really gave me perspective of the master's touch.
Unfortunately, a lot of the hikes were closed due to snow and ice. We weren't able to see the famous caves... but it was still amazing. Plus, I'll take less crowds and awesome weather any day!
We took a hike that I misread as "easy". It was moderate! I suppose moderate to some means death? We didn't go all the way to the emerald pools and the path we took was too high. It just wasn't enjoyable worrying that the kiddos might fall. But they did a great job. It was pretty steep!
I know a lot of people go to Zion's to do Angel's Landing... however, after this hike, there is absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever to do a hike that involves almost dying. I don't like heights!!
Eli's comic relief after one particular treacherous stretch that we completed.
He desperately had to go to the bathroom. He wanted to pee off the cliff and I thought I would die. I grabbed him really hard and he started crying, wondering why I wouldn't let him pee. I told him to use a rock that was far from the edge. He was happier after that!
The Grotto = Squatto
Is Joe ready to kill something??? What is this face?!?!
Maybe he's mad because I told him he couldn't "go" off the cliff either.
We ended the day with a beautiful, RELAXING, stroll!! Our last path was perfect!
Love these gentlemen!!
We found an amphitheater and were please to enjoy some performances by the children. They would run behind to make plans and then come out to sing and dance.
Ella enjoyed eating leaves.
Just joking.
Sure I am.
And finally, it was time to go.
Poor Elijah did NOT want to leave!!
But don't worry buddy, we'll be back! I love taking my children to enjoy the beauties of nature. This was a great idea Joe, thanks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment