Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Big Latch On Reno

 
This is one of my favorite things to go to in Reno. I am such a strong advocate of breastfeeding. I hate that we as women are shamed for doing what's best for our children.
I understand not everyone can breastfeed.
At the same time, I don't think people get enough education or support.
We as Americans are so lazy. Breastfeeding definitely requires commitment and dedication. I was grateful to go, not worry about using a cover and be around  bunch of women who feel the exact same way.
It's empowering.

 
Ella even got a free T-Shirt!!


 
Free face painting. Free books.
 

 
And best of all free snacks. Whole Foods is a sponsor for the event.
I'm thinking next year I definitely want to do the Liquid Gold Run.


 
I'm on the far left with Eli (weaned at 2) and Ella. Ella was so cute getting her milk and raising her hand too because that was what everyone else was doing!

No comments: