It was a rush in the morning, but we got everyone where they needed to go and the bags loaded!! We started our hike at 9:15 AM.
Papa was THE BEST and watched the kids so Joe and I could have this special time with just our Maria. It was phenomenal and so wonderful.
The colors were so vivid, the air perfectly fresh!!!
At the beginning of the hike, Maria got to walk with her friend.
Joe doing an energy shot.
We made it to the half-way point, the waterfall. Beautiful!!!
At one point, I let Jody know there were snacks in his backpack. He was so excited, he said that it was his favorite part of the trip. He is hilarious. I was telling Maria that was one of the main reasons I married him, he makes me smile!!
The lunch spot where we skipped lunch. It was getting really cold at this point and started to snow!!! We found out later that the majority of students had been turned back because of the weather.
But lucky us, we kept on going, and going, and going, and going!!!
Maria was a rock star. No complaints. All GO!!!!
Switchbacks. Killer!!! But I'll tell you, it was a lot easier not being pregnant this time around!!! And working out helps. I felt awesome the entire way... although, sitting at my chair typing now, I'm feeling a bit sore.
WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MARIA GO!!!!!!!!!
She's so beautiful!!! We are so proud of her. She can do hard things!!!!
We all can!!!
He needed dry socks.
Heading down after lunch at the top!!! Our faces were FROZEN!!!
It started snowing pretty heavily. We were just trekking on the way down, barely any stops!!
Love my sweet baby.
Mary Poppins.
It was a lovely day. Much needed!! So grateful Joe held my hand. So grateful Maria got up when she fell. So grateful for our safety.
So grateful for Papa feeding the kids so they didn't have to have cereal for dinner. So grateful for him getting them a pumpkin and for the kids going on and on about the fun TV they got to watch.
So grateful to know that God lives. That He has made this beautiful earth, and it is so enjoyable. It is so remarkable and breathtaking. And He did it because He loves us.
We talked a little about how there are blizzards, but eventually the sun always comes back out.
It was a great day, now it's time to pass out!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment