Well, this was a sad one. I didn't exactly feel super close to my mom doing this, it was just something that needed to be done.
The LDS clothing fair is coming up and I know my mom would want her clothes to be given to those in need, so all we had to do was gather everything into sizes.
Fortunately my dad has made crazy progess in the den of hell, otherwise known as their garage, and there were tons of bins to put everything into. It was good timing.
Mom and her pom poms. Mom and her cheetah prints.
That's a lovely shirt. "Thanks, I got it in India." Actually, my mom always got a lot of compliments on her clothes.
I loved seeing this on her nightstand. It was the last book she was reading.
Her bookmark was a chocolate wrapper. At least now she is running as an angel.
I'm not going to lie. Looking at some of the sizes was really depressing. Knowing my mom was so unhealthy. The clothes were very heavy because there was so much material.
My dad was great and did all the hangers. He also carried loads from the other closet (about 1 mile away). It only took about 4 hours. At one point I was cutting her garments (it's something you do before you throw them away) and I was thinking this was the last service I would give her. Then I remembered the rest of the garage and felt better. There's still more.
Before mom passed away, I had thrown out about 10 pairs of black shoes. We found another 20 pairs and the girls made some art pieces in dedication.
Papa was so kind and took us out to lunch after at Greatful Gardens. We attended a friends baptism.
Life keep moving. Life never slows down.
But there is a knowledge that sustains us through it all, God loves us.
There is more than just this life.
Enjoy the moments and do our best.
No comments:
Post a Comment