Back in the middle of December I remember having this specific impression I needed to make sure the kiddos wrote the MLK essay this year. It took a little bit of work, but I was blown away by their thoughtfulness. Truly, they were wonderful pieces that showed the true nature and character of the kiddo's hearts. Pure, loving, and utterly kind.
Fast forward and I get this email that MARIA AND ELI BOTH won!!! It was the first time in the history of the banquet that siblings won in different categories the same year.
Needless to say, we were thrilled and oh so proud!!
We got free tickets and the kids did really well during the dinner. It was a bit long and I do feel like it could be more focused, but whatever.
It was fun getting fancy!!! Maria stole the show with her bargain savvy self- her dress and shoes.... well done child!!
Eli was so excited too. They both read part of their speech and did EXCELLENT!!! Well poised, articulate, and expressive.
Cause their mama taught them right.
Just sayin.
Eli won $25 and Maria won $75!!!
Sweet!!!
Joe knew everyone there. Lots of hugs for beautiful women!! Lucky them.
I'm ghetto and throwing in a shameless selfie.
Size 4 dress. Felt like a million bucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment