I'm a firm believer in believing. Sometimes you are going to get that awesome miracle, sometimes you won't. It's a crap shoot but God knows what is best and I trust Him.
1. The blanket Miracle: Maria has had her blanket since she was a little girl and of course she forgot it at the house. Stiners was so great and texted me exactly what I needed to do to get it. Unfortunately, it wasn't working. 10 times. Then we say a prayer. And it works. God is good and He listens. I told her she had to be fine with the outcome no matter what and know that God loves us no matter what. And then, the miracle.... we got in and got the blanket. And didn't lose the cat. Thank you Jesus.
2.The empty tank miracle: I have been on empty for awhile now. I don't know what is left of me, only that it is all gone. In Beatty. NV the gages said we had 100 miles left of fuel. Tonopah was coming up in 70 miles so I thought we had plenty. Plus there was a small town in half way. As we continue to drive, the gage decreases significantly. So much that 10 miles to the half way town we only have 10 miles left. Well, we get to Goldfield and there are no gas stations. How are we going to make 30 miles to Tonopah on complete empty? My only option is to drive and pray we get as close as we can get. Then we start walking. It would have been an epically horrible walk, I can tell you that much. We were all super quiet and stressed. (Although, Eli didn't seem to be very bothered. He said he needed to stretch his legs and thought walking would be great.) Mile after mile passed, and still the car went. Empty yet sustained by a higher power. I'm not into making deals with God, because I have nothing to barter. However, I knew that if we made it to the gas station, we would all be kneeling in thanks by the pumps.
And sure enough. We made it. Empty, but at the destination and safe.
I know Heavenly Father carried us there and that He did it to show us He loved us. We go through hard things, but this was a tender mercy and I am beyond thankful for it.
We kneeled at the gas pumps and said prayer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment