Sunday, October 9, 2022

Race time.

I am marathon trained right now. My body goes slow and steady. Not so great for a short little 5k. So all week I was trying to up my time with faster runs. It worked, I had a PR of 24:41 with a pace of 7:58 per mile. THAT IS UNDER 8 MINUTES FOLKS. I am kinda bad ass, also I'm at my highest weight I've been in for a while. I need to give up sugar, but I'm an addict. I definitely think dairy free helps with the cravings. I digress. I shot off with a 7:35 mile, Alex passed me at 1.5 miles with the ease of a giant obese gazelle. He ended up getting 3rd for men, 4th overall with a PR of 7:07 mile pace. I got 3rd for womens!! At the end this guy sprinted and I didn't know he was behind me so we tied. I was quite mad about that. Lesson learned, you see the finish line you book it... not take it easy. It was so nice to have Jody and the little kids there. When I heard their sweet voices saying, "Go Mommy!!!" it was like the sound of heaven. Their encouragement all the world.






 

No comments: