Sunday, January 4, 2026

Dec. 26- Heading to Pleasanton

It was a spur of the moment idea, and probably not the safest with the winter weather, but me and Jody headed to East Bay for an overnighter to run in the Brazen Almost New Year's Half Marathon. Jody did the 10K. It was 2, 200+ elevation gain in the hills... and insanely gorgeous as only California is. Everything was so fresh and the ground was 70% trail and dirt. I felt really good. I had taken a couple days off running and I got a good start. I did a lot of jog walking up the hills. I got 5th for my age group and 87th overall. With those stats said though, I completely PR'd with my time. UNDER 2 hours 30 mins. (Yes it was 2 hours 29 minutes but I'll take it!) That's like Mt. Rose with an additional 3 miles. I accredit everything to God of course. I don't know how I don't kill myself going downhill. It felt so peaceful, hard, but I listened to 80's music and it was amazing. I kept passing people.We ate whole food, so unprocessed and delicious. We found a new breakfast spot called The Pantry in Roseville (it's halal) and we went to Elia in Pleasanton for Greek food by a fire outside. The agvolemeno made me want to cry.












 

No comments: