I was a little nervous because it was 25 but according to the weather was going to feel like 15. It really wasn't bad. I had my cold gear and it was a pleasant 4 mile recovery after the race. I saw a deer and it was very quiet. There were no running or bike lanes which felt a little unsafe, but everyone was really friendly who drove by and waved and scooted for me. The HOUSES!!! THE HOUSES!!! Holy moly, it felt like we were in the Beverly Hills of TN. Houses are huge, there is tons of land, and it's just very beautiful. Also extremely flat. We had a hard time getting our bearings.
We went downtown to the square for lunch. In the South they have town squares that are central for shopping and eating and having confederate statues. I didn't even see the statue though. It was pretty chilly but doable. We ate a restaurant called Puckett's. More BBQ!! Except no one got the BBQ, the kids got burgers and I got an amazing shrimp and grits and Jody got fried catfish. Our waitress was adorable and told us about a town in Florida that was founded and run by Greeks. They are big on sponges. We got to visit with our cousins and enjoyed some chess time at the local library. Yes, there was a homeless man that matched my fur coat, but in yellow. We also visited a cute antique shop with lots of fun stuff!
We ate some ice cream, very yummy but a lot of sugar! The sundaes had cool whip!!
Parker had a doctors appointment, it was unfortunate timing. He had fallen and broken his forearm previous to our coming. It was so nice of them to still host us with all the chaos of figuring out how to get him healed up. Carson took us to the mall. "The Mall". It was truly a memorable experience. There was a bookstore that looked like trash from the outside and was actually like Barnes and Noble on the inside. Jody was able to find Eli a cheap SIM card with lots of storage space. I almost bought Kitchenaid cookware there too.... oh America! Why must I pay for checked bags!! There was absolutely nothing else there so we got the kids some rides on the animals. It actually proved for great entertainment.
No comments:
Post a Comment