Sunday, January 4, 2026

Dec. 29- Tennessee Here We Come!!

New Lesson learned in flying! Just fly out of Reno. The slight savings, truly slight, are not worth the hassle of driving over the pass during winter. We drove to Sacramento no problems and did some eating and shopping. We went to the Roseville Galleria and it was PACKED.  We could barely find a parking spot. Maria was feeling a little tired so she rested on a bench with Jody while we people watched and found.... drumroll, the most amazing coat for me. It was so fancy and fluffy and over the top. I left the store and kept thinking about it. I'm so glad I went back. It was perfect for our trip.

The next morning we heading out. There was a connecting flight in Burbank and we made it to TN in the evening right in time for dinner. LESSON LEARNED- YOU CAN TAKE FOOD IN AN AIRPORT. Next time I bring snacks that aren't $50. It was Southwest but luckily we all got to sit together. When we got our rent a car it was a Kia Carnival. I was not happy about driving a Kia, I thought it would collapse with all of us... but I was wrong! It was actually an amazing car that fit us, our luggage, and did well on gas!! ($40 for a whole week, TN gas was $2.50) 

We ate the best BBQ restaurant we've ever eaten at. Truly no one does BBQ like the south. There was one salad that I got, with pulled pork. We tried their southern puddin' and moon pies that they are famous for. Everything was phenomenal and we met the owner who was very friendly. We headed to Erin's and opened her thoughtful and funny gifts and crashed!! It was so nice to finally be with her.
















 

No comments: