Christina started ballet at the end of October and we were hoping this would be a fun experience. She loves listening to the Nutcracker and knows it's by Tchaikovsky (on a side note her new car favorites are Schubert's Serenade and the Nutcracker... she is fascinated that the music can tell a story without words) So, so far she loves ballet, however Mommy is not a fan of Miss Monique "the teacher". The class is for ages 3-5 and is in an area of town where the more well to do live. Needless to say I get looks when I load the girls into the dynaride. Some people don't know a fine automobile unless it was up their butt and around the corner. Thank you Uncle Corey. So! Where is all this going? Miss Monique is constantly screaming at the kids shashay, plee-ay... LEAP! And yes she said, "Damn it girls. First position, not second!" And one little girl needed to use the bathroom and her mother started literally yelling at her in German. So now Christina and I have the joke that if daddy is being slow we scream at him to leap or shashay. Needless to say we will be finding another class sometime soon. We fear ballet Thursdays.
Psalms 145:2 "Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever."
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Miss Monique
Christina started ballet at the end of October and we were hoping this would be a fun experience. She loves listening to the Nutcracker and knows it's by Tchaikovsky (on a side note her new car favorites are Schubert's Serenade and the Nutcracker... she is fascinated that the music can tell a story without words) So, so far she loves ballet, however Mommy is not a fan of Miss Monique "the teacher". The class is for ages 3-5 and is in an area of town where the more well to do live. Needless to say I get looks when I load the girls into the dynaride. Some people don't know a fine automobile unless it was up their butt and around the corner. Thank you Uncle Corey. So! Where is all this going? Miss Monique is constantly screaming at the kids shashay, plee-ay... LEAP! And yes she said, "Damn it girls. First position, not second!" And one little girl needed to use the bathroom and her mother started literally yelling at her in German. So now Christina and I have the joke that if daddy is being slow we scream at him to leap or shashay. Needless to say we will be finding another class sometime soon. We fear ballet Thursdays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, yeay for ballet. Too bad for the crackhead nazi teacher. Are you going to have a quinceanera for Christina?
Post a Comment