Well... First let me just say I love the ballet. I always wanted to be a ballerina, but being short, stocky and thick thighed didn't really work. (I had to edit because someone misread/misunderstood what I wrote... thank you, I'm not a nasty or vulgar person Mother) I was way excited this year because Christina could come to the ballet! We dressed in our finest dresses, put on lip gloss, perfume and special lotion and off we went. We had a blast, and it really was just magical. We even got to see our friend Emily Hollenbach in the orchestra pit! However, I did notice a few glitches in the ballet that I think can be attributed to, well, Reno itself.
1. One of the russian dancers did a few flips and there was thong-age. Ew.
2. The Sugar Plum Fairy had the shakes....
3. There were a couple babies at the ballet... Yes, I'm a snob and don't think babies belong at the ballet, especially when they are screaming because it's bedtime and I've paid $70.
4. The Danish Nutcracker turned prince in his very tight, white tights... with greasy hair. More like Buttcracker. Solid. Not so fun.
Don't get me wrong, I love my motha-land. These things only add to my love of my state and it's ability to constantly entertain all my senses.
1 comment:
Okay seriously, this is my favorite photo of you two. You both look beautiful. And Christina looks like Katie Holmes. I think she is going to be a flipping gorgeous actress when she grows up. And my child can be her personal assistant and they can recreate our friendship all over again. Beaches indeed.
Post a Comment